Articles on PSD-to-HTML services
How To Get The Most From PSD-to-HTML Providers
In web development projects when it comes to turn
.psd, .ai, etc designs into HTML/CSS code, a common option will be to use PSD to
HTML slicing companies. And a natural question raising here is: How to get the most
out of them?
Markup coding services are quite easy to deal with: you send
or upload image files on a provider website, select conversion and layout options,
pay through an online payment system (PayPal), and get a resulting
markup coded. But in order to make the most of it and avoid unnecessary troubles
it is better to follow some simple rules.
Properly prepare designs for uploading
- If you have several files to convert, archive them and give that archive an understandable
name, for example, "AnnSmith23June2009.zip" (i.e. "YourNameDate.zip" or "ProjectNameDate.zip").
It can be convenient for you as well, especially in case you need to check your
- If there are files additional to your main .psd image (for example, custom fonts),
don't forget to send or upload them too.
- Make sure you send or upload right files. PSD to
HTML services are very fast, and by the moment you notice the problem with your
files your markup may be ready. As a result, it could cost you some money to correct
Design slicing, HTML/CSS coding requirements
- Try to explain as accurate as possible what you want to get. Usually an order form
on PSD-to-HTML websites has special subsections and items to help you with this
- Nevertheless, if your requirements cannot be described in this way or you don't
have time to use it, don't hesitate to write down your requirements in a field named
like "Notes" or use other communication channels convenient for you: live chat or
- If you are confused with something ("Is that option included? What is the delivery
time?" etc), ASK! Sometimes even friends and relatives see things
differently. So it is better to ask and to be sure that you and your provider get
everything right and in the same manner.
- DOUBLE check your email address that you state in the order form
of the PSD-to-HTML service.
- Make sure that your anti-spam filters and email servers are not too overzealous
and allow the provider's emails reach you.
- It depends on the company but usually they send you an order confirmation (as well
as your login and password to access a client zone on their website). If you don't
receive such an email during several minutes, contact them through the order form
or live chat -- the reason may be a misprint in your email address.
- Just in case give the provider's team an alternative communication channel (mobile
telephone number, instant messenger ID (Skype, MSN, ICQ), etc).
- Specify the provider's time zone especially if time is crucial for you.
If there are any doubts
- If it is your first PSD-to-HTML/CSS project or you select a company for long-term
cooperation, start from a relatively small pilot project to test the waters.
- Check the provider's Returns Policy.
- If it is important for you, don't hesitate to ask for NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
- Specify whether they offer after-sale support and what it means. If the provider
is confident of their work, usually the technical support is free.
- A small addition to .psd designs may lead to large modifications in HTML/CSS code.
If the process of PSD-to-HTML conversion is in progress or finished and you change
your design, be objective while estimating changes to be made in the markup.
- Small changes are usually free.
- If changes are large then it can be like an additional page in your order and should
be paid accordingly (note: usually prices on secondary pages are up to 50% discounted).
- If you are not sure, talk to the provider -- together you will find a reasonable
and mutually beneficial solution faster.
- Check the finished HTML/CSS markup how it corresponds to your design and conversion
requirements. If you have some remarks, ask to fix them.
- Change access rights to your servers (passwords, logins) if you gave it to the provider's
- If you think the provider has deserved your testimonial, give it. You will support
a qualified and diligent company in the market and help other users to get to know
PSD-to-HTML services are just a tool to slice and convert designs into website markups,
Wordpress themes or Drupal templates. The better you know how to work with them
the more you get.
June 19, 2009
Read also other articles:
conversion services - A new fad or a new market need?
2. 20+ Benefits of PSD-to-HTML/CSS
PSD to HTML/CSS conversion market - A year later
HTML5 - The End of PSD to HTML services?
What are people saying?
I think the work was excellent and we will be using you again for future projects. Thank you for rushing the project and working with our crazy deadline.
PERFECT! If I have anything else come up I'll be sure to send it your way again.
Excellent, thank you very much for the speedy service. Much appreciated.
You offer a great service – saved me a fair bit of time not having to do the HTML cutting myself. I plan to use you again for certain.
You guys did a great job, it fits well on low resolutions and is accordingly to the design. Thanks!
Really great! The code is clear, transparent - I'd say elegant. And it's delivered on time. Thank you!
I have to tell you how happy I am to have found your service!
You've made my business just that much better!
Je conseille à tous de travailler avec HTMLCut. Rapide, techniquement parfait, et très réactif à toutes mes demandes. J’ai fait appel à eux plusieurs fois en juin 2009, la première fois pour une page de test, puis rassuré, pour plusieurs pages successives. Rien à redire, n’hésitez pas…
Thank you! I just opened up the provided file and it looks great! Very impressed.
Thank you for the fast delivery of xhtml + css to NP3Design.com
HTMLCut manage to understand all the specs I’ve given them.
I am really thrilled over the work that HTMLCut delivered.
I will use HTMLCut again!
Wow, super fast service and everything looks great.
I'll be using your service again!
"I would like to say that I was particularly happy to work with you, and very positively surprised by the quality of your work and your reactivity. I will for sure work with you again in the future, and advice my contacts/network to work with you.